Friday, April 17, 2009

Up to this point Cont.

So after our application was approved, that does not mean that we are automatically in the program. We then had to apply for insurance because normal insurance does not cover surrogacy. Next we had an interview with our case worker, who explained the details with us and made sure that we understood the process in its entirety! It is a very complex journey, but they take there time explaining each step in detail so we know exactly what to expect!

Our 1st trip to California was in the middle of March where we met at the agency for physiological testing, (to make sure we are not crazy), and for a medical examination by the fertility Dr. to make sure that I will be able to carry another baby, and to do our blood work so they screen us for all sorts of things! Everything went great, we had fun, and we even had time to walk on the beach and enjoy some In-N-Out Burger, which we have been craving for a while now! So we were headed home and waiting to be matched!

The agency then sent us profiles of intended parents, and when I read the first one I knew in my heart that this would be the one we would be helping create a family for! So after waiting a for Aaron to get home from work and school so we could discuss it, we came to a decision to schedule a meeting! We then flew to California again on April 9th to meet at the agency! Once again everything went great, we are so excited and can not wait for the next step!


Right now we are waiting on all of the legal work and insurance to be completed and then the real journey shall begin........


2 comments:

  1. That is exciting Kristin! I can't wait to continue reading what goes on with the process. Good luck!!! :) Also, congrats on your newest little niece. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited it is finally getting closer!! I can't wait to hear about this amazing process. Love ya girly!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mother to 2 boys. Caden who is 6 and Conner who is 3. They are the joy, love, stress, and greatest accomplishments of my life! I love to dance, spend time with my friends and family, and one day would love to travel the world with my hubby!

Weather

Counter

Followers

background